One Star

Canceling statement due to conflict WITH recovery

Hi,
I begin by Talend and I have a problem I can not solve after all my research.
I need to import data from the operational base is in Postgres to our data warehouse. In a first time, the data is imported brut way before the transformations, calculations, etc.:
Operational system ---- | Talend | ----> DW -> Source -> Staging -> Fact & Dimensions
DBA did not want that connects directly to the DB then I try to do it via the mirror that contains exactly the same data. The target is also a Postgres DB (DW).
Currently I am trying to do first for a table very simply as followings:
tPosgresqlInput -> tPostgresqlOutput
but I have an error message:
 connecting to socket on port 3848
connected
Exception in component tPostgresqlInput_1
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
Détail*: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:235)
at webregdata.importdata_0_1.ImportData.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(ImportData.java:960)
at webregdata.importdata_0_1.ImportData.tCreateTable_1Process(ImportData.java:446)
at webregdata.importdata_0_1.ImportData.runJobInTOS(ImportData.java:1544)
at webregdata.importdata_0_1.ImportData.main(ImportData.java:1409)
disconnected

I also tried tPosgresqlInput -> tFileOutputDelimited to see if my target was the problem but still the same problems.
After searching on the web, one of the reasons I think could be a problem of transaction ...
Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY

Re: Canceling statement due to conflict WITH recovery

Hi,
ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
Détail*: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.

It is probably caused by Postgresql DB.
Could you please check the technical article http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14592436/javadefaultpsqlexception-error-canceling-statement-due-t... to see if it is OK with your case?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.