Seven Stars

Can we centralize rules for a Project in Talend

Hi,

Is there any way in Talend to centralize all the rules related to an implementation / Project. I want this because in case there is any change in the rule, It could be done from a single point and it got implemented to different jobs.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can we centralize rules for a Project in Talend

Hi Abhishek,

if I do understand you correct the cleint based rules a some type of "code" that can be reused and centrally maintained.

In Talend you can define your own code routines (Java code). 

In the Community Knowledge you'll find a nice article to learn how to use them.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Create-a-user-routine-and-call-it-in-a-Job/ta...

BR Bp

Seven Stars

Hi BR,

Thank you for the Reply, Could you please tell me how we can use tRules (using xls) or can we achieve the above requirement using tRules.

Best Regards,
Abhishek Kumar
6 REPLIES

Hi Abhi.

you can centralize Metadata. This could be definitions of schema, files, and DB Connections for example.

If you later change the details of that defined Metadta you can automatically let your jobs pull in that change.

What do you mean with rules ?

BR Bp

Seven Stars

Hi BR,

We are moving our Java Spring Batch implementation to Talend. In Spring Batch they have got some client based rules (saved in database tables), which they import and then apply them on the data.

How it helps is ? If they want to add a new rule (validation / transformation) in future they need to add it in the table only.

So what I want is a centralized way using which I can set the validation / transformation rules which I can use in different jobs.

Best Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Hi Abhishek,

if I do understand you correct the cleint based rules a some type of "code" that can be reused and centrally maintained.

In Talend you can define your own code routines (Java code). 

In the Community Knowledge you'll find a nice article to learn how to use them.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Create-a-user-routine-and-call-it-in-a-Job/ta...

BR Bp

Seven Stars

Hi BR,

Thank you for the Reply, Could you please tell me how we can use tRules (using xls) or can we achieve the above requirement using tRules.

Best Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Hi,

drag your tRule component on the designer, click it and press F1 ..... you find the full tRule documentation with a scenario how to use in in the help.

BR Bp

Seven Stars

Hi BR,

Thank you, We are going with Routines, trying to resuse existing java classes there.

Best Regards,
Abhishek Kumar