One Star

Can't see all BigData components in 'Talend Open Studio for Big Data'

Hi 
I have installed "Talend Open Studio for Big Data", Version: 5.6.2, for working with Big Data in Talend. 
However i am unable to see all the components in related to Big Data like HDFS operations, PIG operations components etc.
I am able to view only few Hive related Components. Please checkout the image attached for more details. 
Can someone please help, how i can get all the Big Data related components available into my Talend Open Studio for Big Data. 
Thanks a lot in advance.

More details on the Talend Open Studio for Big Data i have downloded:
Link where i downloaded:  http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio
below image shows which version i have selected to download ..

13 REPLIES

Re: Can't see all BigData components in 'Talend Open Studio for Big Data'

Hi,

Thank you for your post! We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you please check it? Did you unzip your bigdata studio .zip file successfully?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

1. I edited my post to add image showing the issue i am facing.
2. Yes. I have successfully unzipped the zip file with name "TOS_BD-20150508_1414-V5.6.2"
Thanks.

Hi,
You don't have HDFS components after typing "HDFS" in palette?
Please take a look at my screenshot.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Yes i am not getting any components listed when i search with "hdfs". Please refer to screenshot.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
What's your OS and JDK version? Are you using Winrar to unzip your studio? Is there a folder called "org.talend.designer.components.bigdata_5.6.2.20150508_1414" which is located in <InstallationPath>\plugins?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, 
Please find below details as requested:
I am on Windows 7 - 64bit | java version "1.7.0_03" | javac 1.7.0_03
and, i had the directory you mentioned after unzipping the zip file. And i have all the "hdfs*" components in that directory.
Please find screenshot for more details.
Thanks.

Hi,
Is there any log message? Which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log? Is it Ok after restarting your studio?
In addition, could you please check if these components are hidden? Go to project setting-->Designer-->Palette Settings

Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

Hi
The components are not hidden.
PFB screenshot

Hi,
Are these component showing in "Show" box? Any error log?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I am not seeing those HDFS components in "show". PFB screenshot

Attached Error log
Error_Log.txt_20150519-1424.txt
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks very much for your help. I am able to see hdfs and pig, sqoop components in Talend open studio for Big Data, once extracted with winrar, earlier i used winzip for unzipping. Now HDFS, PIG, SQOOP components are available. 
However i am not able to see STORM / Kafka components now. Version i am using 5.6.2
PFB screenshots

Hi,
Actually, tKafkaInput and storm components are not available in Talend Open Studio for Bigdata.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Can you please tell/guide me which version of Talend i need to download/subscribe to use those components ??
We are looking to use Talend for Kafka/Storm with complete hadoop ecosystem components availability, more details would help us...  Thank you.