Can't install extensions

Can't install extensions

I'm trying to install the extensions I downloaded (tFileExcelSheetInput, tFileExcelSheetOutput, tFileExcelWorkbookOpen, tFileExcelWorkbookSave), but I hit install and the components are still listed as missing in the job I imported, and when I try to locate them in the palette they aren't there. I've tried restarting Talend multiple times.

Four Stars

Re: Can't install extensions

Hi,
Using TOS 5.6.2 on Windows 7 (64 bit), I've been able to add the user component of tFileExcelSheetInput to the Palette of the Studio.

I downloaded the tFileExcelSheetInput.zip file, and extracted it at the C:\temp\UserComponent\tFileExcelSheetInput folder.

In Preferences-Talend-Components, if the User component folder path was set to C:\temp\UserComponent\tFileExcelSheetInput, then the warning message of “Your selection will result in folder nesting…” was displayed, and the user component was not added to the Palette. If the path was set to C:\temp\UserComponent, then it worked as expected.

Hope this helps.

Re: Can't install extensions

Hi dvorakstephen11,

Did you follow up KB article TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component to install your custom components?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now