One Star

Can't get tMongoDBConnection component to work!

I created a VERY simple job in TOS (v4.2). The only component loaded into the design area is tMongoDBConnection. I made sure that I was pointed at "localhost" and at the DB called "test".
When I try to run the job, I get the "NoClassDefFoundError" error listed below.
I have tried the following:
1) placed tMongoDBConnection folder from ZIP file in C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.2.2.r63143\components
2) When I had initially added the component, I was getting compile errors; so, I added the mongo-1.3.jar file as an external jar to the list and the compile errors went away.
3) copied the mongo-1.3.jar file to C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\lib\java
4) copied the mongo-1.3.jar file to C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\plugins
5) created a classpath variable via Prefs > Java > Build Path
6) verified that an entry for the jar was in the C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\workspace\.Java\.classpath file
I don't know what else to do!!! maybe the component is buggy???
==========================================================
ERROR MESSAGE STARTS HERE
==========================================================
Starting job mongodb_test at 19:18 18/08/2011.
connecting to socket on port 3775
connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mongodb/Mongo
at emdeon_sample_data.mongodb_test_0_1.mongodb_test.tMongoDBConnection_1Process(mongodb_test.java:286)
at emdeon_sample_data.mongodb_test_0_1.mongodb_test.runJobInTOS(mongodb_test.java:457)
at emdeon_sample_data.mongodb_test_0_1.mongodb_test.main(mongodb_test.java:331)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mongodb/Mongo
at emdeon_sample_data.mongodb_test_0_1.mongodb_test.tMongoDBConnection_1Process(mongodb_test.java:240)
disconnected
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mongodb.Mongo
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 3 more
Job mongodb_test ended at 19:18 18/08/2011.
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Can't get tMongoDBConnection component to work!

Hi
I can't reproduce the problem, I did not get any compile error when I install the component into TOS studio.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I appreciate the quick response.
Then what could I have done wrong???
If you don't mind sharing, exactly what steps did you follow to download and install the component?
As I mentioned, I couldn't get the component working initially when I simply downloaded it and put it into the "C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.2.2.r63143\components" folder (is that the right place to put it?). I was getting compilation errors; so, that's when I started messing around with class paths and what not just to get the compile errors to go away. I just can't get past the "NoClassDefFoundError" error to be able to run the job (is there an alternative to load a component or a required JAR at runtime?)
If you could list out the steps you had followed, at least I could uninstall TOS and start all over again following your steps and maybe things might work correctly. I can document everything I did and include screenshots in a zip file so you can see what I saw.
One Star

I am really stuck!!! I need to be able to load data into MongoDB and I can NOT get this working!!!
Employee

Carl,
Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm facing the same problem...
Thanks,
Darren
One Star

I've installed tMongoDBConnection and tMongoDBInput, and created a simple job.
But both components are giving the error "Module mongo-1.3.jar required"
This file (mongo-1.3.jar) is included in each component's folder, but Talend seems to not find the file.
What can be done?
One Star

Can any body confirm that the steps Carl Singer (csinger) is describing is the proper way to get the MongoDB-components in and running?
Or is there something missing or should be done differently?
----
1) placed tMongoDBConnection folder from ZIP file in C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.2.2.r63143\components
2) When I had initially added the component, I was getting compile errors; so, I added the mongo-1.3.jar file as an external jar to the list and the compile errors went away.
3) copied the mongo-1.3.jar file to C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\lib\java
4) copied the mongo-1.3.jar file to C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\plugins
5) created a classpath variable via Prefs > Java > Build Path
6) verified that an entry for the jar was in the C:\Talend\TOS-Win32-r63143-V4.2.2\workspace\.Java\.classpath file
----