Four Stars

Can't connect to cloud API requiring an SSL certificate

I've been trying to figure out how to get a SSL certificate to work with Talend.

I've tried the following, but keep getting errors:

1. Importing into cacert in all java paths (x86 and not)
  2. Importing into Keystore.jks in ESB folder path in Talend
  3. Using tSetKeystore to specify path to keystore file
  4. Using tSetKeystore to specify path to .p12 file that cert was extracted from
  5. Using tSetKeystore to specify both TustStore and Keystore paths

I'm able to import the certificate and view in both Chrome and Postman however, using the .p12 file that needs to be selected the first time I connect from any machine so I know the file works. Then I extract the cert and import into the respective keystore and cacert files I mentioned above.

I use the same setup in Postman that I've tried with both tRest and the tRestClient, which consists of a basic auth string and the endpoint URL.

tRest returns their landing page stating that the certificate has not been imported.

tRestClient returns HTTP 403 Forbidden.

Please help, thanks.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Can't connect to cloud API requiring an SSL certificate

Please see this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11199099/openssl-and-s-client-why-is-a-private-key-required-from...

You may need a private key as well.

Also, if your server cannot access the internet, to verify the certificate whole trust chain, i.e. access the CA server to validate, then you need to provide the whole trust chain in your truststore.

2 REPLIES
Employee

Please see this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11199099/openssl-and-s-client-why-is-a-private-key-required-from...

You may need a private key as well.

Also, if your server cannot access the internet, to verify the certificate whole trust chain, i.e. access the CA server to validate, then you need to provide the whole trust chain in your truststore.

Four Stars

Thank you very much, I was trying to extract the certificate when they were giving me the P12 file to use. After pointing to the truststore and use the P12 file, the connection worked.