Can't connect tfileInputDelimited to tmap

One Star

Can't connect tfileInputDelimited to tmap

Hi, I'm using a main connection and some lookup tables as well, one of which I would like to be a tFileFetch -> tfileInputDelimited
But I can't connect it to the tMap, how can I get this to work (and also wondering why doesn't it)?
Thank You Smiley Happy Screen capture attached
Seventeen Stars

Re: Can't connect tfileInputDelimited to tmap

This is indeed a bit like a miracle. It should work. I guess you mean the Main (from the perspective of tFileInputDelimited) flow.
Do the tFileInputDelimited component has a schema ?

Hi,
Is it OK when you re-create a same job? What talend build version are you using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi, using 5.4
Confirming I can't use tFileFetch -> tFileInputDelimited -> tMap if the tFileInputDelimited is a lookup
Yes, tFileInputDelimited does have a schema
If tFileFetch is not connected to tFileInputDelimited then I can add it as a lookup
Perhaps someone could confirm whether they are able to do this or not?
Community Manager

Hi
It is a job design problem, the lookup flow can not behind a 'Onsubjobok' or 'OncomponentOK' connector. Try to redesign the job as below:
tFileFetch
|
onsubjobok
|
tMysqlInput--main--tMap---out1--
|
lookup
|
tFileInputDelimited
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank you
One Star

@shong: Why can a lookup flow not be behind "On Subjob Ok" or "On Component Ok"?

Hi cwurm,
@shong: Why can a lookup flow not be behind "On Subjob Ok" or "On Component Ok"?

Look up flow is a row connection that handles the actual data. "OnSubjobOk" and "OnComponentOk" are trigger connections that define the processing sequence. That's the reason why a lookup flow can not be behind "On Subjob Ok" or "On Component Ok"
For more details, please refer to: TalendHelpCenter:Connection types
Feel free let us know if it is clear for you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.