Can't Build a Job

One Star

Can't Build a Job

Hi,
i'm trying to build a job. But i when i select "Standalone Job" and click finish, he starts something, but there is never a file created. I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.3.0.20161026_1219), My System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Java8 Update 111 (64-bit), Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 111 (64-bit), all additional packages installed.

i already tried everything i knew, but nothing worked. can someone help me asap

Re: Can't Build a Job

Hi,
Have you tried to type: java -version in your cmd to see if your java environment is set correctly? Did you point your path to JDK instead of jre?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I seem to be running into a similar issue.  I set up my environment variables, but still get nothing when trying to build.
Here is what I get from java -version
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

Hi cgsharp,
Did you point your path to JDK instead of jre? Are you using oracle JDK? We cannot repro this issue on our side.
Could you please post the full error message in log into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I set up the path to point to the JDK folder.  Screen shots above show that.
When I echo JAVA_HOME from the command line it comes back as the bin folder for the JDK.  I guess I can uninstall and re-install the JDK if that is the area of focus for this not working.
Six Stars

Hi,
I uninstalled Java and then confirmed that my path to it was not recognizing a different instance of java.  I got an error when trying to run java -version.  I then re-installed Java SE Development kit update 91 and confirmed that java -version gave me valid results again:
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
When I did the build from Talend I got the same results.  No output.  I attached the Talend log zip file in case it's helpful.
talendLogs.zip.zip
Six Stars

talendLogs.zip_20170109-1622.zip
Five Stars QR
Five Stars

Hi cgsharp,
Make sure the path of your Talend install does not contain blank spaces (e.g. "C:/foldername with spaces/Talend/" should be "C:/foldername_with_underscores/Talend/").
Six Stars

QR, you figured it out.  Thank you so much.  I don't think I would have figured that out anytime soon.  
Five Stars QR
Five Stars

Glad it helped Smiley Happy
Actually I had the same problem a few weeks ago.
PhilippPreiss please tell us if this solved it for you too, mark the topic as resolved if so Smiley Happy
Sabrina, as it seems the "can't build a job" issue comes quite often recently, i suggest first to ask poster about the path along with the installed JDK, and secondly to make it clear somewhere that Talend will have issues if the installation path contains spaces.