Can read/write to Cassandra w/ Talend - can't SELECT w/ Csndra GUI ???

One Star

Can read/write to Cassandra w/ Talend - can't SELECT w/ Csndra GUI ???

I'm using TOS 5.6.2, and I'm writing to a Cassandra cluster DB on my laptop for a POC ( Cassandra version 2.1.6 ). I have no problems writing to the Cassandra DB with Talend, and reading from the DB with Talend ( very, very simple read and right Talend jobs, opening a connection to Cassandra and writing, and spitting loaded data back with tLogRow ). 
However, when I attempt to do something simple like this on my Cassandra GUI, after I've loaded some data:
SELECT * FROM keyspace.table
nothing comes back....ever. I would think this must be a fairly simple operation, as with pretty much every other DB I've dealt with, so I'm thinking I must be doing something fundamentally wrong at this point.
I'm new with Cassandra and Talend, and I attempted search for a solution on this forum..my apologies if this issue has been covered previously.
Thank you in advance for any input you might have on my issue

Re: Can read/write to Cassandra w/ Talend - can't SELECT w/ Csndra GUI ???

Hi deandeloach,
Do you mean there is no row loaded into Cassandra DB during the ETL processing(writing to a Cassandra cluster DB )?
Have you already checked that is there any loaded data in your keyspace.table? Would you mind uploading your job design screenshots into forum?
tinputxxx-->tCassandraoutput
tCassandraInput-->tLogrow

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you for your response Sabrina.  Here's some additional info regarding my issue ( all of this is taking place on my laptop, as a simple POC - except for the MS SQL*Server source ).  Also including the DDL for my Cassandra table:
CREATE TABLE hr.person (
 personid int,
 charitymemo text,
 city text,
 fhindex int,
 firstname text,
 lastname text,
 middlename text,
 PRIMARY KEY (personid)
);
this inserts a record no problem in the Cassandra GUI, that can be SELECT'd right back:
INSERT INTO hr.person (
 personid ,
 charitymemo ,
 city ,
 fhindex ,
 firstname ,
 lastname ,
 middlename
)
VALUES(
'TEST',
'TEST',
'TEST',
'TEST',
'TEST'
)
maybe I'm not SELECT'ing against Cassandra improperly(?)/the data is stored somewhere else in the DB...?  When I use my simple Talend poc job, the tLogRow component will output what I've loaded - no problem - and when I go into the Cassandra GUI and TRUNCATE the test table, then no data is available from the tLogRow component output - which makes perfect sense.  So, I know that Talend is writing to the Cassandra DB - somewhere, at some point. But even when the tLogRow component outputs loaded data, it can't be SELECT'd...?????
One Star

One Star

you know, Sabrina, I figured out what the problem is.  My problem had to do with my laptop-installed/local Cassandra instance.  I installed a Cassandra cluster on AWS, and it worked just fine.
Thank you just the same for the responses and help, much appreciated....
Dean