One Star

Can complex GUI be made using spring MVC and integrated with MDM

Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to build complex GUI using below components like -
- Drop down
- Populate drop down on selection of other drop down value
- Multi select check boxes etc..
But I am wondering how to integrate it with MDM (Community Version v5.5.1) as I want to synchronize the data from this complex GUI to multiple systems.
And to synchronize the data I want to use MDM.
Please suggest.
Thanks
Vivek
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Can complex GUI be made using spring MVC and integrated with MDM

Hi,
Talend MDM server exposes a web service interface you may use to build your application (you may also need to be more specific about data you need). You may also use the code generated with Talend jobs and integrate it your application (this might be much easier than direct web service communication).
By " I want to synchronize the data from this complex GUI to multiple systems.", do you mean you want data to be saved in Talend MDM and then push the changes to multiple other systems? If so, triggers may help you to do so: you'd need to create a job that would synchronize your other systems. The "Product demo" bundled with Talend Studio shows you a couple of triggers.
One Star

Re: Can complex GUI be made using spring MVC and integrated with MDM

Thanks for prompt response.
Unfortunately I did not get your suggestion. Could you please elaborate more on it?
So as per your suggestion, can I build my custom GUI in any framework other than MDM and then can I pass that data by calling web service of MDM?
- Is this possible with Talend MDM community edition 5.5.1
- Is yes, how to expose my MDM trigger as web service. 
       MDM Job will be having tMDMTriggerInput component which reads the XML message (Document type) sent by MDM. So if I build my custom GUI then how to pass my data to tMDMTriggerInput?
- I understand MDM CE edition points to default data source XML OR H2 so how should I proceed further? 
I would be really happy to see any example doing such things. Or if you can guide me then that would be of great help.
Please suggest.