Can Talend handle foreign key dependencies?

One Star

Can Talend handle foreign key dependencies?

Hi,
I have some tables in an Oracle database that I want to replicate to another Oracle database. During data loading, I encountered 'foreign key integrity constraints' error messages saying that the parent record does not exist. The destination database has constraints enabled and I'm not allowed to disable them.
What I want to do or find out is if there's a way for Talend to 'see' the Oracle foreign key dependency and use this to determine which tables to populate first.
Thanks,
Josephine

Re: Can Talend handle foreign key dependencies?

Hi,
Talend studio is just an ETL tool, responsible for data migration and conversion, but it will not take any of the constraints and indexes into consideration. You can use a -toracleRow component to execute a statement in order to remove the constraints. After the data migration have been finished, just open the constraint.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina.. The thing is, we cannot disable the constraint in the target database that's why we needed to make sure that the loading will not run into any FK errors.
I'm just wondering what is the most efficient way of loading data into the target database if there's around 100 tables that has FK dependency built around them..
-Josephine

Hi,
If you do not disable the constaint, exceptions always going to happen . What you can do, in talend, only to capture these unusual record. And for your confusion
what is the most efficient way of loading data into the target database if there's around 100 tables that has FK dependency built around them..

. I have no idea about that. Maybe more professional guy will give a key answer, sorry for that.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply. I hope other people who more experience on this can share their thoughts..
Cheers,
Josephine
Community Manager

Thanks Sabrina.. The thing is, we cannot disable the constraint in the target database that's why we needed to make sure that the loading will not run into any FK errors.
I'm just wondering what is the most efficient way of loading data into the target database if there's around 100 tables that has FK dependency built around them..
-Josephine

Hi Jose
It is DB driver throws the exception if FK constraints exists and the inserted data destroys the constraints, what Talend can do is to throw out the exception and die the job or capture the exception and continue to execute next record, it depends on your need. If latter, you need to redesign the job.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business