Can Talend DI v6.1.1 supports Java version 5, 6 or 7

One Star

Can Talend DI v6.1.1 supports Java version 5, 6 or 7

Hi,
On below guide link they've mentioned that for Talend DI version 6.1 the recommended version of Java is 8. But whether it supports the lower versions of Java. Like JDK 5, 6 or 7.. ?
Community Manager

Re: Can Talend DI v6.1.1 supports Java version 5, 6 or 7

As JDK 5, 6 and 7 are out of support with Oracle, we cannot provide support on those and we do not QA those.
However we know from some of our users that 7 should be ok and 6 could be ok for most of the simple parts but may be blocking on some use cases.
HTH
Highlighted
One Star dbh
One Star

I have tried TOS 6.1.1 with Java 8 as well as 7. It seems to work fine in both. I have not tried it with an earlier JDK. 
Seriously though Java 1.8 has been out for over a year and 7 is now no longer supported unless you pas for updates from Sun/Oracle
Try out Java 8! Smiley Happy
One Star

Hi Team,
I am facing a the below error while trying to establish a HDFS connection in Talend BigData 6.2.1
"Error Line: 317
Detail Message: nn cannot be resolved to a variable
There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio."
I have rechecked the java jre version in talend and is mapped to the jre8 version .
please help me with a resolution.
Ten Stars

Talend requires the Java JDK rather than just the JRE.  Try installing and mapping the Java 8 JDK and see if that fixes your problem.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.