Four Stars

Can I run two Talend open studio with different version on same machine.

Hi there,

I have Talend 5.6.1 installed which runs on Java 1.7.

I thought to install 6.4.0 which runs on Java 1.8. So I installed 6.4.0 and also Java 1.8 as it s a requirement.

But when I installed 6.4.0, the older version 5.6.1 stopped working and gave me the error attached.

I have both Java 1.7 and Java 1.8 installed in my machine. I thought the Talend Version should pick up the correct Java version. But it is not.

4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Can I run two Talend open studio with different version on same machine.

Yes, it's possible,

start Studio with a commandline such as (Windows):

start Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65\bin\javaw.exe"

e.g. place the content above into a start.bat script in your 5.6 install dir.

Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management
Twelve Stars

There is a quite a neat way of doing this without the command line. You will see files called something like "Talend-Studio-{operating system}-{processor}.ini". They will match the name of the executable you use to start the Studio. You can edit these to include the JVM you want to use for the Studio.

As an example, mine includes this.....

-vmargs
-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\bin
-Xms512m
-Xmx8192m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

You will also notice JVM memory settings there. If you get memory issues with your Studio, you can up the default memory here as well.

Rilhia Solutions
Four Stars

Hi there,

I have tried  modifying my file adding the Java location(as below). However, it still throws the same error.

-vmargs
-vm C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Twelve Stars

It could be related to carriage returns. Try the same config but all on the same line without carriage returns.

Rilhia Solutions