Can I create a folder for each file on remote server?

Six Stars

Can I create a folder for each file on remote server?

I need to move some files from my local computer to the remote server.

Here is what I need to accomplish:

In my local machine,  I have a folder "Department", there are files in it:

Department_01.xlsx

Department_02.xlsx

Department_03.xlsx

I also have a "Department" folder on the remote server. I want to first create a subfolder ( same name as the file) and place the file into the subfolder, eventually it will look like this -

Remote disk/Department/Department_01/Department_01.xlsx

Remote disk/Department/Department_02/Department_02.xlsx

Remote disk/Department/Department_03/Department_03.xlsx

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

I am thinking of this way:

1. In my local machine, I create folders (Department_01, Department_02, Department_03) with tFileCopy.

2. Then with tFileList, I put each .xlsx file into its relevant folder.

3. Then using tFTPCreateDirectory to create these Department_01, _02, _03 subfolder in the remote server.

4. At the end, using tFTPPut to move files from local directory to remote directory.

Please let me know if I am on the right track. Also I would appreciate any suggestion.

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Can I create a folder for each file on remote server?

Locally... locally doesnt involve FTP. just use the tCopy component and delete after...
With tFTPPut maybe its possible to check the option "Create directory if not exist" (cant remember)
Otherwise first the tFTPCreateDir and next tFTPPut

All Replies
Ten Stars

Locally... locally doesnt involve FTP. just use the tCopy component and delete after...
With tFTPPut maybe its possible to check the option "Create directory if not exist" (cant remember)
Otherwise first the tFTPCreateDir and next tFTPPut
Six Stars

Dijke,

You are right, these components should be tFileCopy and  tFileList in my local activities. It was a typo, I will update my original post. Thanks!