Can I create a custom WAR structure with custom files?

One Star

Can I create a custom WAR structure with custom files?

For a current assignment I am required to generate a WAR file using Talend. I figured out all the inner workings of Talend and created the correct jobs, but the assignment requires me to include a directory with files into the WAR file.
I have searched the internet using Google and the Talend forum, but I haven't found any instructions on how to export a talend job to a WAR file that contains a custom directory with files it needs to run.
I figured that I could manually open the WAR file using an archiving application of choice, but I need to make varying iterations of the job and having to insert the files manually each time would be a chore.
Is there any way to export a job as a WAR with a custom directory with files included in it?
One Star

Re: Can I create a custom WAR structure with custom files?

I don't know if there is a solution to your usecase usign only Talend Studio. But there is the possibility to write a script which will export your talend job and add folders/files to your war using a build tool/script language of your choice instead of using the export wizard of Talend Studio.
Four Stars

Re: Can I create a custom WAR structure with custom files?

Hi,
I too have a similar requirement of including a file in specific folder say temp when we export the job (not war file).
Presently, Talend contains a metadata for input file. But there is no way to embed that input file while exporting a job. I have an excel file which is dynamically updated when accessed. I want to include/embed that file during exporting the job inside specific folder.
Can we do this?
Regarding option given by rretzbach, i think that may be applicable only with enterprise edition and not OS.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud