Call multiple external webservices in ESB Job

One Star

Call multiple external webservices in ESB Job

Hi,
I am completely new to OpenStudio for ESB. I've been testing it, and following some tutorials. I've been able to create a job which calls an external webservice and show a modified response of this external WS. The job is something like this
tEsbProviderRequest---->tXmlMap---->tEsbConsumer---->tXmlMap---->tEsbProviderResponse
When the job is deployed in runtime I can test it perfectly with soapUI.
Now, after calling the first webservice (ws1), I want to make the call of a second webservice (ws2) based on the same input of tEsbProviderRequest, and then take some variables of ws1Response and others from ws2Response, and then show this selected variables in tEsbProviderResponse, but I can't find the way on how to make the second call and even worse how to merge those two responses and make the final one.
I don't know if my description is clear enough
Thanks for your help
Community Manager

Re: Call multiple external webservices in ESB Job

You can design the job as below:
father job:
tEsbProviderRequest--main--tFlowToIterate--iterate-->tRunJob--main--tXMLMap--main--tEsbProviderResponse

Pass the request document to the child job, refer to this KB article to know how to pass a value from father job to child job.

child job:
tFixedFlowInput_1--main--tXMLMap---tESBConsumer_1---tXMLMap--tJavaRow_1
  |
onsubjobok
  |
tFixedFlowInput_2--main--tXMLMap---tESBConsumer2--tXMLMap--tJavaRow_2
  |
onsubjobok
  |
tFixedFlowInput_3--main--tBufferOutput

tfxiedFlowInput_1 and tFixedFlowInput_2: get the document and pass it tESBConsumer for calling web service
tJavaRow_1&2, store the data extracted from the webservice response to context variable.
tFixedFlowInput_3: get all the data stored by tJavaRow components and pass them to father job. see KB article.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download