Four Stars

Cache InterSystems DB connection and troubleshooting with Cache JDBC driver

Hi Everyone,

I have tried multiple methods to connect to the Cache InterSystems database, but have yet to successfully reach it. If anyone has prior experience with their system, I'd be grateful to hear how you set it up.

Cache provides a JDBC driver (CacheDB.jar) which I’ve placed on the server hosting TOS for Data Integration (6.4), and within the .m2 folder of TOS-DI itself. Since Cache doesn’t have an .xml mapping file, and is not readily available in the “download modules” GUI, the straightforward approaches haven’t worked so well.

To connect to the DB, I’m using the component tab of “tJDBCInput_1”, with the following information:

JDBC URL: “jdbc:Cache://<HostIP>:<port>/<DB Name>”

Driver JAR: cachedb.jar   *Imported from external file

Class name: “com.intersys.jdbc.CacheDriver”

Username: “SYSADMIN” Password: “Password”

Schema (Built-In)

Table Name: “MY_TABLE”

Query: “SELECT * FROM MY_TABLE”

When I run the job, this is the error I get:

Exception in component tJDBCInput_1 (test_DB_move)

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intersys.jdbc.CacheDriver

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at local_project.test_db_move_0_1.test_DB_move.tJDBCInput_1Process(test_DB_move.java:779)

at local_project.test_db_move_0_1.test_DB_move.runJobInTOS(test_DB_move.java:1417)

at local_project.test_db_move_0_1.test_DB_move.main(test_DB_move.java:1266)

The Host IP, port, DB name, and User/Psswrd all work fine under the ODBC drivers on the server (Windows 2012 R2). Is there a way to ensure the Job finds the “com.intersys.jdbc.CacheDriver” class?

Thanks, and any suggestions are appreciated,

• Data Integration
  • Exchange components
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Cache InterSystems DB connection and troubleshooting with Cache JDBC driver

Hi
Have a try to use a tLibraryLoad component in the beginning of job to load this driver jar.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Re: Cache InterSystems DB connection and troubleshooting with Cache JDBC driver

Thanks Shong,

Looks like the problem is a bit deeper, involving Cache-related accessibility issues. The suggested component does seem to address the external class import problem though. Much appreciated.