Four Stars

CSV to MongoDB - XML-Tree problem

Hi Community!

I have a really small problem with loading my structured csv to a MongoDB and  achieving the right format.

What I currently have:

My Talend process loops through a directory of csvs, loads them, uses a tMap component to add some information, gives it to a tMongoDBOutput.

mongo1.PNG

The input data is structured like like this:

mongo3.PNG

The columns "info", "sensorbasis" and "filename" are added within the tMap component and come either user input into a context variable, or (the filename) from the tFileList component.

What I want to achieve:

In the MongoDB there is a database called "mobidic" and a collection called "sensordata". I want to load all information from the CSVs to this exact collection, but, in a very specific structure that we need to work with at later stages. The format should look like this:

mongo2.PNG 

So basically, the result should be grouped by the fixed information, such as "sensorbasis", "info" and "filename", but the other columns should be in an array within the object "measurements". I understand, that I somehow have to set something as group, and something as a looping element.

This is what I have achieved so far: 

Data is loaded to the MongoDB. I have configured the tMongoDBOut component, but not as intended:

mongo4.PNG

And this is how the json tree within the component looks like:

mongo5.PNG

What am I missing? I have searched through the board and did find some posts regarding the same challenge, but none of them brought me any further.

I hope somebody here can give me a hint on what I am missing.

Tanks in advance!

Freddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: CSV to MongoDB - XML-Tree problem

Nevermind. As long as Talend does not know what column to group by, I definitely won't be able to get the grouping I want.

Therefore, this is my working design now:

mongo6.PNGMongo7.PNG

Result is as intended.

Closed.

1 REPLY
Four Stars

Re: CSV to MongoDB - XML-Tree problem

Nevermind. As long as Talend does not know what column to group by, I definitely won't be able to get the grouping I want.

Therefore, this is my working design now:

mongo6.PNGMongo7.PNG

Result is as intended.

Closed.