One Star

CPU usage problem on OSX

Hi all,
I am using Talend-Studio-20150908_1633-V6.0.1 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 and the problem is that is uses over 100% of CPU all the time...
With open source version: TOS_DI-20151029_1337-V6.1.0 I don't have this problem.
In both cases I have the same .ini file that is:
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
-vmargs
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/talend.icns
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-Dosgi.instance.area.default=../../../workspace
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Duser.language=en
-Duser.country=US
-Duser.variant=EN

Have you faced this problem, or have any idea how to debug/fix this?
9 REPLIES

Re: CPU usage problem on OSX

Hi,
I am using Talend-Studio-20150908_1633-V6.0.1 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 and the problem is that is uses over 100% of CPU all the time...

Is there any java applications or programs consuming cpu usage?
How much memory you have? Singe job is taking CPU 100%? Have you tried to specify the amount of memory for the job to use in the job's run view(Advanced setting)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Is there any java applications or programs consuming cpu usage?

No, only Talend.
How much memory you have? 

8GB and SSD drivie
Singe job is taking CPU 100%? Have you tried to specify the amount of memory for the job to use in the job's run view(Advanced setting)?

This is not caused by running job but this happens when I open any job in a designer. In fact this seems like some memory leak because when I turned on showing heap status (Preferences->General-> Show heap status) I see that when I have any job opened in designer (just opened not run) memory is quickly running up to some level and then is freed (garbage collector) and that happens all time in cycle and that is when cpu usage goes up to 100%.
When I close designer heap status and cpu goes back to normal.
If this helps I tested this with Oracle jdk versions 1.7.0_71 and 1.8.0_25 and 1.8.0_65.

Hi,
Actually,  OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 is not on TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms and Java environments.
Have you tried to repro this issue on other OS?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Actually,  OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 is not on TalendHelpCenter:Compatible+Platforms+and+Java+environments.
Have you tried to repro this issue on other OS?

No, unfortunately I don't have access to older OS X. I upgraded to 10.11.2 but this did not help.
On Ubuntu there is no problem when working with same repository and jobs. But OS X is my development platform.

Hi,
Does this issue only repro on Talend-Studio-20150908_1633-V6.0.1? Are you using Talend Subscription or trial product?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Hi,
I have the same problem on windows operating system and previously with TOS 6.0.0. I have upgraded to TOS 6.1.1 but the problem did not disapear. However by an empirical attempt I found that the problem is the position of the elements on the canvas. Whenever a job component is placed either on the topmost or leftmost position in the grid, one thread of TOS appears to fall into an endless loop using all cpu on that core. Try to select all elements and move them either to the right and/or down and at least in my case this solved the issue.

Hi ztrevisan,

Thanks for sharing your information with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Isuk, Did you solve this issue? It is becoming headache to work with this limitations. I can not restore previous OS and do not have any other machine with a different operating system.
Seventeen Stars

Th studio runs fine also under the latest OS X. In the settings of the enterprise studio Talend has a bug. It uses here the memory settings of the 32-bit engine. Please edit the Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.ini and increase the memory to a reasonable value.
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
1024m
-vmargs
-Xmx2048m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/talend.icns
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-Dosgi.instance.area.default=../../../workspace
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8