CPU clock speed problem

Four Stars

CPU clock speed problem

Hi all, 

I'm working on TOS Version: 6.5.1.20180116_1512, and I have an issue with my CPU Clock speed. When I open a job in the canvas (I do not run it), my CPU Clock speed is very high so the temperature is quite hot and makes fan activity noisy.

My other colleagues at work are on the same version/environment and didn't faced that issue.

Job run VM arguments

-Xms256M

-Xmx4G

Have you faced this problem and have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks, 

Employee

Re: CPU clock speed problem

Hi,

How many applications you have opened in Windows while using Talend?

Have you provided enough CPU and memory for the application to run smoothly? What is your computer configuration details?

It seems to be a problem with your machine rather than with Talend software.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Four Stars

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick answer, 

My configuration details are:

HP EliteBook 840 G5 

i5-8350U

8Go DDR4 Ram

And I join the CPU Monitoring in 3 conditions:Without_TOS.jpegTOS OFFTOS_Without_Job_Open.jpegTOS Open with no job openTOS_With_Job_Open.jpegTOS with one Job Open (not running)

Employee

Hi,

You are currently using a laptop with less memory. I would suggest you to use a minimum of 8GB RAM.

The simple reason is that Talend Studio will definitely need resources. On top of that you will have to open software relate source systems and target systems at minimum. There will be lot of adhoc applications + Word+Excel etc also running in your system.

So I don't think the current configuration will be able to handle the entire load of your applications and your business needs.

I was using a 8GB laptop when I was working with Talend 5.2 version almost 2 years back. It is not the problem of Talend application. You will definitely have to upgrade your hardware systems based on the complexity and software expectations.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Nine Stars

Something else to consider, is that Talend is made from thousands of small files that get loaded when you open Studio/jobs/etc.

If you're running Virus Protection software on your machine, consider white listing the Talend & Workspace directories.

Thanks

David

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads