One Star

CONNECT TO DATABASE POSTGRESQL USING TALEND

HI,
I have a small problem and I do not manage to find solution... 
Then here, I have a postgresql installed on my computer (computer A)  under linux.  I would like to connect me to this base since another  computer Windows 7pro (computer B) using talend, on the same network as  computer A.
For that, I started by modifying the files (on computer A)  postgresql.conf:  listen_address = ' * '
pg_hba.conf:  host all postgres 192.168.10.(ip of my computer B)/24  trust
To connect it self in talend I make like this: 
userSmiley Tongueostgres
password:***** 
server:192.168.10.(ip computerA)
port:5432
DB:db_name
And i have this error:failure of connection you must modify the parameters of the data base  Failure of connection You must modify the parameters of the data base.  org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:  Refused connection.  Check that  the name of machine and the port are correct and that postmaster  accepts connections TCP/IP. 
can you help me please!!!
8 REPLIES

Re: CONNECT TO DATABASE POSTGRESQL USING TALEND

Hi,
Can you successfully ping/telnet computer A from Windows 7pro (computer B)? Are your postgresql DB connection parameter(user, password, port...) correct for you? Can you connect to postgresql DB through client without using Talend Tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi thank you for your reply,
yes I can make ping/telnet to computer A from Windows 7pro it walks  very well, yes I believe that the parameter of connection of my DB is correct. No i can't connect to postgresql DB through client without using Talend Tool.
Thanks In Advance ,
Laetty

Hi,
 No i can't connect to postgresql DB through client without using Talend Tool

It seems there is something wrong with the parameters of the data base. What's talend build version you are using? Open source or subscription version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi,
But i think that the parameters of the DB are correct. I'm using TOS_DI version 6.1.1 open source.
thanks
Laetty.

Hi,
Have you tried to use other DB tool/ client to connect to your postgresql DB without using Talend Tool to make sure that the parameters of the DB are correct ?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I forgot to tell you in the begining that the DB postgresql is on a linux server. I try to connect on it with PUTTY SSH then i can connect successfully with the DB using the same parameters that i use on talend and i can access on the tables on the DB. So i tried to connect with another ETL tool but i have the same error. I am really at court of idea, without being able connected to  the DB I can'nt begun my project, anyone could help me  please !!!
Thanks In Advance ,
Laetty
Four Stars

laetty,
Consider adding an entry in ipconfig file for activating port no - 5432. This will help in accepting connections on this port no from remote computers. Please explore on HOW-TO edit ipconfig configurations.

Thanks
Ashok Karnam
Thanks & Regards
Ashok Karnam
One Star

Hi Ashok,
I don't find how to process to your proposition!!!
Thanks
Laetty