COBOL copybook to metadata schema

One Star

COBOL copybook to metadata schema

Is there a way i can directly convert a cobol copybook to the schema (XML) expected/required for TALEND?
I am working to implement a mainframe file based job containgin around 1500 items which does have a copybook but creating a schema manually from the copybook is going to be hard.
Right now i have tried to constrcut an XML as expected by TOS outside of TOS using EXCEL and Text editor but even that was very timeconsuming and error prone.
Please let me know if there exist a direct method.
Employee

Re: COBOL copybook to metadata schema

We are currently working on such a feature. Can you send us some examples of Cobol Copybook and the expected TOS schema? plegall at talend dot com
One Star

I just recently downloaded Talend and I'm trying to do exactly this. Has this feature been added yet?
Employee

I just recently downloaded Talend and I'm trying to do exactly this. Has this feature been added yet?

We are still working on it and I think it was already commited on trunk (so you will see it in next release 3.1, planned for Spring 2009, or in a milestone if you want to beta test it)
One Star

Hi, I have just downloaded 3.1.0.M2_r22765 and there is no copybook component in the metadata tab. Any idea when the component will be release to beta?
Cheers
Al
One Star

Hi there
I have a question, can someone tell me how can I import data from a copybook to an ms sql database. I saw the component tfile(input/output)EBCDIC.
Has someone an example?
thx
jean
One Star

One Star

I need to convert a cobol copy book to metadata in talend. Once the metadata is there then i will be bringing in the data files to analyze the format and the data. The data files are fixed length and not delimited. I am having difficulty with this process as i am unsure of how to set this up in talend.
Thanks!
jaggle
One Star

Can anyone pls suggest how can i use copybook metadata in talend DI

Hi Guys,
I am using Talend Data Integration 6.1 30 days trail version
We have a .cbl file and .dat file .
in metadata unable to see the copybook connection.
How to create  the copybook connection and how to load the data into the oracle table . 
Please guys can any one help me on this issue.
Thanks
Rama Krishna
One Star

Hi all.
Any update on this matter?
C.