One Star

CLOB on ORACLE, can't move CLOB if size > 4000

Hello all, I'm new in Talend and I have great expectation for this tool.
Here is version I use :
TOS 5.4.1
ORACLE DB IN & OUT 9i
My problem in when I trying to copy datas from one db to another, no problem even with CLOB but if size of CLOB content is greater to 4000 I have an error like :
java.sql.SQLException: La taille des données est supérieure à la taille max. pour ce type: 4554
I have read all subject on this forum with clob keyword but still can't success on it.
ORACLE IN is Object / CLOB et OUT is String / CLOB. I use a tJavaFlex with code I found here.
Thanks for helping me.
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: CLOB on ORACLE, can't move CLOB if size > 4000

Yes, the problem is Talend currently does not handle CLOBs and therefor they will be processed as VARCHAR fields. A VARCHAR2 field in Oracle is limited to 4000 characters.
The only way at the moment is a user component from Talend Exchange tOracleTableTransfer. This component copies the data from one table to another without inspecting the columns, it use always the Objects and this could work.
I am working on CLOB and BLOB support for Talend.
One Star

Yes, the problem is Talend currently does not handle CLOBs and therefor they will be processed as VARCHAR fields. A VARCHAR2 field in Oracle is limited to 4000 characters.
The only way at the moment is a user component from Talend Exchange tOracleTableTransfer. This component copies the data from one table to another without inspecting the columns, it use always the Objects and this could work.
I am working on CLOB and BLOB support for Talend.

Thanks for your quick answer, I have try this component but I have still errors like : "Invalid Character constant" on tFixedFlowInput. If I try directly tOracleTableTransfer, some rows failed (table or view does not exist), probably those with more than 4000 characters.
Thanks anyway, I wish Talend will support CLOB soon.
One Star

I just recently upgraded to Talend 5.4.1 and noticed that tOracleTableTransfer component does not show up in the Exchange and it does not show in the Talend 5.1.3 Exchange any more. Is it a license issue?
Six Stars

jlolling, I don't understand what you mean Talend does not handle CLOBs. Is there some reason a Byte Array does not work for you?