CDC on AS/400: Tables are not created

One Star

CDC on AS/400: Tables are not created

I am following theses steps here: https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13809706
My problem is that none of the CDC tables are actually created in the database.
For example:
When I click "Create subscriber" dialog box (step 3.2), a progress window ("Operation in progress...") appears for like 10-20 seconds, but the TSUBSCRIBER table is not created in the DB - and yes, even if I hit refresh multiple times. After I click "Finish" in the dialog box (step 3.4), the Studio displays the database is if the CDC Foundation was successfully established when actually it was not.
A similar behavior happens when I try to add CDC to a particular source table (step 4). After I manually added the TSUBSCRIBERS table to my CDC database (it is easy to port that SQL from the trigger-based approach) in order to heal the above-mentioned problem, I tried to put a table under CDC (step 4). After hitting "Execute" in the (step 4.3), I get a success message ("Execute SQL Statement successfully.") and the new subscriber is inserted into the TSUBSCRIBERS table (APP1 or whatever I named it). However, the change table(s) named TCDC_<mySourceTableName> as seen in step 4.3 are not created in the database. In Talend studio, under CDC Foundation, I only see a new table with the name of my source table.
Finally, when I click "View all changes", I see the "Operation in progress..." dialog box for another 10-20s until I get the error message "Retrieving the cdc table is failure" - which actually is a nice summary for not getting CDC on AS/400 to work.
-----
Specs:
DB2 UDB for AS/400 V6R1
Talend Platform for Data Management 5.4.1.r111943
JTOpen 6.7 (renamed the jt400.jar to jt400_V5R3.jar to add the module to Talend)

Re: CDC on AS/400: Tables are not created

Hi,
Could you please report a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can schedule a webex for you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

After contacting Talend Professional Support as suggested, a bug ticket was opened for this: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28959

Hi,
Thanks for pasting jira link on forum. It's helpful for community users to track it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads