BulkExec component with no schema set

One Star

BulkExec component with no schema set

Hi,
I am using tVerticaBulkExec to copy a file into a vertica database, I would like it to be neutral to schema going in.
I have tested the same component/setup with a tMySqlBulkExec, and that works fine, however with tVerticaBulkExec I get the error
java.sql.SQLException: (4856) ERROR: Syntax error at or near "null"
at com.vertica.util.ServerErrorData.buildException(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.dataengine.VDataEngine.prepareImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.dataengine.VDataEngine.prepare(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc.VerticaCopyStream.start(Unknown Source)
at dw_2_0.writetables_0_1.WriteTables.tVerticaBulkExec_2Process(WriteTables.java:344)
at dw_2_0.writetables_0_1.WriteTables.runJobInTOS(WriteTables.java:603)
at dw_2_0.writetables_0_1.WriteTables.main(WriteTables.java:449)
Caused by: com.vertica.util.ServerException: (4856) ERROR: Syntax error at or near "null"
... 7 more

If I set the schema in the BulkExec component, then the job runs fine, however I need the job to run with a variety of different schemas, without having to manually set it. The input file is just a .txt delimited by ; and the tables have been pre-created in Vertica correctly. What's odd is that it works for tMySQLBulkExec with no built in schema fine.
Thanks for your help!

Re: BulkExec component with no schema set

Hi,
What the build version are you using? Could you give us your job design screenshot so that we can take a testing for that.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.