One Star

Bulk Insert to Postrgres bug?

Hello, I am trying to use tPostgresqlOutputBulkExec component for bulk insert to table from csv. When I am trying to run the job, the "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: COPY escape must be a single one-byte character" exception occurs. Escape character has the default value "\\". Somehow talend doesn't understand how is this escaped. Is it a bug or how should I approach it?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES

Re: Bulk Insert to Postrgres bug?

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Have you already checked this document about:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-22604?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello, I am using Version: 6.2.0. So it's probably different bug.

Hi,
Have you checked "standard_conforming_string" in advanced setting of  tPostgresqlOutputBulkExec component? Could you please post your component setting screenshot into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Checking "standard_conforming_string" helped. However I found out that this component wants to generate another csv in the location of the DB. Is this the only way bulk insert works? Could data from csv be imported without this additional copying of the file to the db server?
Reference about csv copying: link