One Star

Building job is very slow

Hello. I have tried build job in TOS 6.1 and it is very slow. I think, that building job in new version is 4-5 times slower, than in TOS 5.6.2
19 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Building job is very slow

Could you post a screenshot of your stage so we can see what components you're using?

Hi,
Does this issue repro on your specific job or all jobs in TOS 6.1? What's your OS? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Does this issue repro on your specific job or all jobs in TOS 6.1? What's your OS? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina

This issue repro on all jobs in TOS 6.1. OS Windows 7 x64, jdk-8u66-windows-x64. Core-i5 3340, RAM 16GB
Four Stars

Do you use the same build options?
Do you export sources?

Hi,
How long does it take to build a job in TOS 6.1? Is there any error log? Have you tried to repro this issue on studio 6.0?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
am getting same issue jobs are taking too much time to generate and run.
can anybody has solution.
Talend 6.1
Coludera 5.5

Hi,
       I am struggling with the same issue since upgrading from 5.6.1 to 6.1.1 build takes forever almost an hour almost 5-6 times the original build time in 5.6.1.
Machine Deetails:
Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Java jdk : 1.8_92 
RAM : 16GB 
Code is checked in to SVN and I am connecting using a TAC URL.
Regards
Abhishek

One Star

Same problem for me, build takes much more time in 6.21. than in 5.6.x (at least 5x slower).
When i debug a job, i have the same issue, i must wait several minutes before each debug og a single job.... it slows down a lot my productivity... 

Hi seb2501,
Does this performance issue repro all your jobs or a specific job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am having same issue. I have around 30 jobs inside one job and these 30 jobs are drag and dropped into main job and they all uses tRunJob component to run them. Now till 5.6.1 the export/build job for this main job used to take around 1 min or less. Today with tos 6.0.1, 6.0.2 it takes more than 15 mins...
this is happening for all jobs any repository ...i have tested different situations and the time taken to build main job increases with increase in number of job counts.
Due to this issue, we could not upgrade to talend 6.x as its very common for us to build main wrapper jobs, as we keep adding new jobs to it. What i am not able to understand is that it appears that talend uses maven to build jobs - but what is so different from version 5.X that its taking so much of time. it looks that a important functionality working great in 5.X has been degraded wrt/ performance in 6.x
If someone can suggest any parameter or similar or other workaround this issue, it will be great help.

Hi,
Did you get any error when build your job on V 6.x? Have you tried to use "Multi thread execution" feature on v 6.x? What's JDK you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

We are experiencing the same issue. As we add jobs the build takes longer.
We currently have 49 jobs, are running v6.1 with JDK 1.7 on Windows 7 and the build is taking 90 minutes with no errors. 
I've see the multi thread execution option when running the jobs but not for the build. Is there a multi thread build option?
Thanks

Hi,
There is no  multi thread in build option.
Did you build 49 jobs at the same time? Does this performance issue repro on your all jobs or a specific job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yes, we are building all the jobs at once to create a deployable zip file for our LINUX boxes. We now have 55 jobs and the build takes 2 hours. I did a test builds of different single jobs and they took 5 minutes 20 seconds, 1 minute 17 seconds and 2 minutes 23 seconds.
How can we speed up the builds?
Thanks

Hi Roben,
Are you using talend subscription solution? Did you use commandline to build your jobs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

We don't have the subscription version. We use the free version and I don't know of a command line interface.
Thanks, Roben

Hi Roben,
Yes, we are building all the jobs at once to create a deployable zip file for our LINUX boxes. We now have 55 jobs and the build takes 2 hours.

Talend commandline feature will be available in talend subscription solution.
So far, there is no "Multi thread execution" in build option.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,
 Would building from the command line give me a better performance than building from studio?
 I have a parent job that internally calls about 150 - 200 child jobs in a nested way. Building this job from studio takes 15 20 mins.

Regards
Abhishek

HiAbhishek,
Building from the command will be more convenient than building from studio when you are working as a team. It helps executing jobs in batch mode.
Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:CommandLine features.

Best regards
Sabrina
--