Build exceptions in tOracleConnection

One Star

Build exceptions in tOracleConnection

Hi,
In Talend 5.4.1 Universal I created a new project with a new Job.
I dragged a tOracleConnection component into the Job.
Then I typed the credentials into the component config window. Just
host
port
sid
username
password
schema
Nothing else
When I tried to build the job, I got 2 errors:
--

Ausführung fehlgeschlagen: Codegenerierung fehlgeschlagen.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Matt
Four Stars

Re: Build exceptions in tOracleConnection

Matt - could you pls use the connection in say a tOracleInput and direct the output to a tLogRow? And see if the error persists? This may be a dumb suggestion, but worth a try...
One Star

Hi willm,
thanks for your speedy reply. Here's what I have done:
1. Create fresh project
2. Create fresh Job
3. Create DB Connection in the Meta-Data section (just entering the same infos mentioned before)
4. Pulling this Connection onto the surface, choosing tOracleInput to go with it
5. Pulling a tlogRow onto the surface and connecting the two via main
The tOracleInput-component then gives me a warning that no Schema has been defined. But when I double-click tOracleInput, the "Component"-tab says "Properties not available". See screenshot 01.jpg
I can't find a place where I could define the schema, so I simply tried to run the job. Here's the output:
--
Ausführung fehlgeschlagen: Codegenerierung fehlgeschlagen.

--

Is that what you wanted me to do?
Thanks
Matt
One Star

This is the same error I am getting. This is the first job I am writing in TOS-DI.
One Star

When I go to Windows -> Preferences -> Java I see that it is JRE8. Do I have to uninstall JRE8?
Four Stars

Hi kleinmat/skanchi,
Let us check step by step... Can you create a oracle database connection in repository and check for success? pl refer https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tOracleConnection&content-lang=en
Once that connection is success, drag the connection component on workspace and execute and test.
Vaibhav

Hi skanchi,
When I go to Windows -> Preferences -> Java I see that it is JRE8. Do I have to uninstall JRE8?

Could you please indicate the build version you're using and your OS version? Please check document about TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi there,
as for me, switching to JRE7 helped.
Java 8 is not yet supported by Talend.
Unfortunately, neither the documentation nor the installer makes a remark about this.
But when I uninstalled my JRE8 and installed version 7, everything worked fine for me.
Thanks
Matt
Four Stars

Thanks for the feedback, Matt... I'll stay clear of JRE8 for the time being...

Hi,
Actually, according to document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms, we provide Talend Studio Compatible OS, Processor, Java JDK/JRE that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them.
This doesn't mean other (non-listed) OS, Processor, Java JDK/JRE will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch