Six Stars

Block of statement in tmap expression editior

Hi,

How to write a block of statement in tmap expression editor. I don't want to use extra component just because of some 2 extra statement. 

e,g , I am having 10 input records(record_no, id, name) and after each two record add some value to column and reset the record count, so for next two it will start will 1.

Input

id|name

1|abc

2|pqr

3|xyz

4|ccc

output

id|name|rec_num

1|abc|1

2|pqr|2

3|xyz|1

4|ccc|2

rec_number = if(Numeric.sequence("s1",1,1) % 2 !=0) { Numeric.sequence("s1",1,1)  }

else {

2 --> Assign 2 to 2nd row ;

Numeric.resetSequence("s1",1)--> Reset the sequence to 1  

}

For other assignment I am already using tmap but I have implement above logic too. How I can implement only using tmap.

I can achieve by using tjavarow, but one component I have to add which I don't want to add.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Re: Block of statement in tmap expression editior

Hi,

A somewhat unusual way of doing things in tMap but you can write a block of code like that:

Capture.PNG

Var.var1 is used to get the next value for sequence "s1".

Var.var2 value is forced to 1 (or any other value) for syntax. Be careful to the semicolumn after the 1 (usually there is no).

The 2nd line of code is here to reset the sequence "s1" to 0 if the curent value is even.

And the result is what you expect (I've added 2 lines just for testing):

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

TRF
2 REPLIES
Twelve Stars TRF
Twelve Stars

Hi,

A somewhat unusual way of doing things in tMap but you can write a block of code like that:

Capture.PNG

Var.var1 is used to get the next value for sequence "s1".

Var.var2 value is forced to 1 (or any other value) for syntax. Be careful to the semicolumn after the 1 (usually there is no).

The 2nd line of code is here to reset the sequence "s1" to 0 if the curent value is even.

And the result is what you expect (I've added 2 lines just for testing):

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

TRF
Ten Stars

I feel compelled to point out that using a sequence to fill in 1 or 2 is wasteful. If the previous value is 1, current value is 2, otherwise 1.