Big job, talend slow ...

Hi,
I´m creating a job that have:
- 29 tFireBirdInput,
- 01 tFireBirdOutPut,
- 08 tOracleInput,
- 01 tJavaRun,
- 01 tMap components.
I have a notebook with 1.66ghz duo core, 1gb RAM, java 1.6.0 and for this job talend become very very slow. Sometime when i try to save my project a message appears: "Error: Save java heap". Generally i need to close my talend session and open it again.
Sometimes when i click on "run job", appears some windows asking me if i wanna close the workbench or not.
I´m using talend 2.1.0M2. Talend 2.1.0.M1 have the same problems.
Anybody know something about it ? Its because are a MileStone ?
tks
Zida
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Big job, talend slow ...

The exact message is: Save Filed:Java heap space Smiley Happy
tks
One Star

From what I can tell, it would be more java related than Talend related. I had the same problem on some occasion and its because my job address way too much memory and takes too much resources.
it may be related to Talend if the way they handle some things are not memory efficient but seeing your job components, I think it's just too big a job!
Employee

The exact message is: Save Filed:Java heap space Smiley Happy
tks

To launch Talend Open Studio with more memory, try to create a .bat or .sh whith the following command.
Your laptop have got 1 GB, you should use
TalendOpenStudio -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

More information at http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t61618.html
Employee

On Windows, you can also set arguments directly in the link property, add at end of "Target" field (file path of Talend) the vm arguments such as :
\TalendOpenStudio.exe -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx512m -XXSmiley TongueermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
One Star

UUUUaaaaaUUUU
Now talend works fine, fast, stable Smiley Tongue and no more Java Heap Space messages Smiley Tongue
Tks a lot !!!
Zida
Employee

From version 2.1.0RC1 you can tune the memory allocation for your JVM, please have a look at http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:installation_guide