Best Practice for Extraction from Couchbase

One Star

Best Practice for Extraction from Couchbase

Hi,
I new to Talend and going through the setup and configuration. I am going the opposite way most people are moving data in the examples. I am extracting data from Couchbase and putting it in to Mysql for a operational data store for reporting. Currently, I have created a view in Couchbase and I am able to extract the data I want to a "log file" in table format. Furthermore, I can extract data from a text file and put it in Mysql. But have not extracted from Couchbase and inserted into Mysql. I had some questions on how to do that. It seems that when Talend extracts data from Couchbase it returns a "id", "key", "value" and "Json" fields. The "Value" field has my view data strung together in one string field, and also the "Json" field has the fields and data as well, even though I didn't ask for them. So I have a couple of questions.
1. What is the best practice to parse out the fields of the "value" field?
2. Should I parse out fields from the "Value" field or is there a better way that will give me individual fields without all that work?
3. How does Talend figure the delta of the data coming from Couchbase on a ongoing basis?
4. Is there documentation that someone can point me to that will help with these questions?
Thank you
David
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Best Practice for Extraction from Couchbase

H David
Use a tExtractJsonField component to exact the fields from the value string, about tExtractJsonField component, please refer to the user manual:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tExtractJSONFields&content-lang=en
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.