Five Stars

Batch job (after Build Job) not working

Hello,

I have a simple job: tfileinputexcel -> tMap -> tFilterRow -> tAccessOutput

In Talend Open Studio it is working fine.

After building job and executing created batch file, I get an error and the algorithm is not working.

You find the error message and the screenshots in the attached file.

I hope someone can give me a hint to solve the problem.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Re: Batch job (after Build Job) not working

My german isn't that great but I read something about a "ungeltiche transaktionstatus" maybe (just guessing) a write issue?

Is your connection a "system" connection and not just a user connection...
Try and run the bat file as an administrator? Try a job with just open and read?
Five Stars

Hi,

thanks for your hint. 

The problem occurred by running the batch file as an administrator.

I try to translate the error messages (last picture in the document):

- Default failed to close the connection in tAccessOutput: [Microsoft][ODBC-driver for Microsoft Access]invalid transaction status

- exeption in component tAccessOutput java.sql.SQLexeption: [Microsoft][ODBC-driver for Microsoft Access]invalid character string or buffer length

I hope this makes it easier to help.

Let's mention it again: The algorithm is working fine in the Talent Open Studio, but the error occurs by running the batch file.

Employee

Hi,

Issue seems to be because of "invalid character string or buffer length". Could you please advise whether you tried a different file or is it the same file you used in studio when you ran the job through bat file?

The second file could contain either some invalid character compared to target column. If the input data contain 100 characters but target column length is 80, that also could create issue.

Please also refer the microsoft forum mentioned below for the root cause.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/885931/an-odbc-query-through-microsoft-access-or-msquery-fa...

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Five Stars

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for your hints.

The files are in both cases (Studio and batch file) the same; located at a server.

Next I will compare the length of the data, as you recommended. I keep you informed about the results.

Thanks

Stefan

Five Stars

H Nikhil,

I have still the same error message.

What have I done:

1. I eliminated all tables and queries in the ACCESS-database except for the target table in the database. RESULT: same error message.

2. I restored the original database. In Talend I go to data schema of tAccessOutput and add by all "string" 255 als length (this was the value for field length in the ACCESS database). RESULT: same error message

Have you or anybody else additional hints?

Thanks

Stefan