Batch execution does not receive a response

Highlighted
Six Stars

Batch execution does not receive a response

Hello,
I have a Job scheduled on a windows machine that execute every day at the same time.

This job simply use a tRestClient Component to execute a stored procedure on my oracle db through the connection to the Application Express.

The procedure is beign executed correctly and everything works properly, the issue is that as the procedure takes some minutes to execute, the talend job lose the control on the execution and the batch that is beign executed is not closing. 

So in general the execution of the batch is not stopped... How can I solve this issue? I have already tried to set the timeout of the tRestClient component but it does not work.

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Employee

Re: Batch execution does not receive a response

Hi,

There seems to be multiple issues in this flow. You are specifying that your job executes at a specific time everyday. So it is a batch job. In a batch job, could you please advise why you are using a tRestClient to call a Oracle stored procedure?

Have you tried to integrate the stored procedure with the Talend components directly? Now if the stored procedure is a part of a standard packaged application, then we will have to see why the procedure is taking so long time. What is the normal expected time of completion and it is supposed to run for several minutes?

If you could share the screenshots of the jobs, it would be easier to analyse the flow and issue. Please also share the component screenshot of the problematic component (where you are making the call to procedure).

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud