One Star

BPEL in talend ESB

Hi,
Is there a way to import a BPEL job into Talend ESB?
Peace,
Sylvester
4 REPLIES

Re: BPEL in talend ESB

Hi Sylvester,
Could you please give us more information about your job requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
We are using Talend for our Data Integration currently. We are also using Oracle SOA product which runs BPEL. I would like to know if there is a way to export the BPEL as a jar file and deploy it in a Talend product (ESB or BPM) and run the same in Talend?
One Star

Hi
First - regarding to the Talend DI - it won't run any BPEL process. It has no WF engine built in. Talend had as their commercial offering a BPM solution, however I cannot find any reference now. As far I know it was bundled Bonita BPM engine. Apparently they shift focus to BigData what is the raising marked today (and there's a number of stable and usable BPM solutions).
Second - the JAR file compiled on the Oracle SOA will run only on the Oracle SOA (and I have bad suspicion that only on the specific version). As far I know the Oracle SOA export is really generating the executable code (depending on the Oracle SOA Suite libraries). I wouldn't be so optimistic about compatibility and portability of the BPEL notations and customized extensions (the same goes for BPMN).  In fact - standardized is only the notation, but all the details (service links, QoS, ...) are always product specific. So it is nice how visionaries talk about the portability of the BPM definitions, however - be realistic with your expectations..
Have fun
        Gabriel
One Star

Thanks Gabriel,
That was a pretty good answer. Infact in the BPM forum Dietmar did mention that it does not directly import BPEL. It does import the following though:
we can only import these formats below but not BPEL directly.
* Bonita BPM
* BPMN 2.0
* Microsoft Visio 2010
* ARIS BPM 7.x
* XPDL 1.0
* jBPM 3.2
Grace and Peace,
Sylvester