One Star

Azure Storage Components

Does anyone know of anyone besides me who would be interested in the creation of a set of Cloud Components to connect to Microsoft Azure Storage services? (Azure is aka Microsoft Cloud.)
Microsoft has spent over $1B building a Cloud that competes head on with AWS. It's no joke.
It may not be that well known in the open source community but it's a major thing. If Talend is a universal data connector, shouldn't it be able to connect to Azure in the same way that it does to AWS, Google, Salesforce, etc.?
I'm talking about the REST accessible things like Tables (nosql), Blobs and Queues.
There are also Java and .NET ways to connect to these things, which might be better for a new component to be made out of, rather than just making a component that is really just a derivative of the REST component.
(Note that there is also SQL Azure, which differs from SQL Server in the connection string, and I see that there have already been a few posts about that on this forum, and that's of interest as well, however I'd like to keep this discussion geared towards the Azure Cloud services of - Azure Tables, Azure Blobs and Azure Queues.)
Thanks so much for any input you have,
-Chris.
4 REPLIES

Re: Azure Storage Components

Hi,
Thanks for posting it here.
For talend, a set of components for Microsoft Azure Blob Storage has been developed. They will be commited in the branch 5.5 as soon as it is created.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Great! That is good news.
Perhaps Azure Tables would be the next priority, and then after that, queues.
-Chris.

Hi,
Perhaps Azure Tables would be the next priority, and then after that, queues.

You'd better open a feature jira issue for your requirement on Talend Bug Tracker, our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

OK, good idea.
I just did that.
It is:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-29152
Title: Create additional components to support Azure Table and Azure Queues