Autonomous Job on Server - Encoding Problem

One Star

Autonomous Job on Server - Encoding Problem

Hello,
I have the following problem. I built a job in Talend where I get some data via SOAP, save it in a CSV file and then read it in from this CSV file to then transform it via tMap and load it into my database with the help of tPostgresOutput.
When I run this job locally in Talend and also as autonomous job via command line (locally), it works fine. But when I build an autonomous job with the Test-Context and then copy the Job to my server, it gives me the following exception, telling me that the column "äpromotions_idô" does not exist. This column normally has the name "promotions_id", without these strange characters at the beginning and end.
So what is the issue? Does anybody know, how I can solve this?
Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_1
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FEHLER: Spalte äpromotions_idô existiert nich
t
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx
ecutorImpl.java:1592)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor
Impl.java:1327)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja
va:192)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat
ement.java:451)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract
Jdbc2Statement.java:350)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdb
c2Statement.java:304)
at prokon_habilkon.loaddata_0_1.loadData.tFileInputXML_1Process(loadData
.java:2131)
at prokon_habilkon.loaddata_0_1.loadData.runJobInTOS(loadData.java:27435
)
at prokon_habilkon.loaddata_0_1.loadData.runJob(loadData.java:27234)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_2Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:1008)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_1Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:880)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_4Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:700)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.runJobInTOS(Proko
n_Habilkon.java:1688)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.main(Prokon_Habil
kon.java:1487)
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.uni-konstanz
.de, port: 25;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Exception in component tRunJob_2
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_2Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:1031)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_1Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:880)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.tRunJob_4Process(
Prokon_Habilkon.java:700)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.runJobInTOS(Proko
n_Habilkon.java:1688)
at prokon_habilkon.prokon_habilkon_0_1.Prokon_Habilkon.main(Prokon_Habil
kon.java:1487)
Kind regards,
Nadja
Seventeen Stars

Re: Autonomous Job on Server - Encoding Problem

You build this job in the commandline (I mean the Talend Commandline) and runs this job on a Talend Jobserver?
In this case I would say there is an encoding mismatch. On which operating system you run your commandline and jobserver?
If you copy the exported job as it is to a linux machine, you have to take care the language variable is UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1.

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you're using?
With talend enterprise subscription version, you'd better open a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that our colleagues from support team will schedule with you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I'm sorry, but I don't understand yet.
I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (Open Source) V 5.4.1 and I build the job using the right-click --> "Build Job" option, selecting "autonomous job", my context and "windows".
Both Systems, my lokal Notebook, where it is working and also the server are running windows. My Notebook has Windows 7 and my server has Windows Server 2008 R Standard.
What do you mean with build-version I am using?
Kind regards,
Nadja

Hi,
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.4.1(build version is 5.4.1r111943).
From your description, the job works well in local machine but not in window server? Did you copy the whole exported job into server machine and run .bat file in Windows Server 2008 R Standard? Is there any setting only working in local machine? Such as, Implicit tContextLoad...etc. Could you share your job design screenshots into forum?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

It is a very huge job containing multiple subjobs, so I guess posting it will be hard.
But yes, the job works well on lokal machine, but not on my server.
>>> Did you copy the whole exported job into server machine and run .bat file in Windows Server 2008 R Standard?
Yes, that is exactly what I did.
>>>Is there any setting only working in local machine? Such as, Implicit tContextLoad...etc. Could you share your job design screenshots into forum?
The only thing that is not working (on the server) is the exception thrown, where my tPostgresqlOutput component is trying to access a column in my database table with the name "äpromotions_idô". And the correct name of this column is "promotions_id", without the "ä" and "ô". So this seems to be an encoding problem. But how to fix it?
Because, I am wondering, that the job is working fine as built autonomous job via command line on my lokal machine, but not on my windows server.
One Star

This is really a big issue for me. Is there noby that has an idea?

Hi,
Could you please open a work item jira issue of DI project on TalendBugTracker, our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

What is a "work item jira issue of DI project"?

Hi,
Please see my screenshot for detail.
Best regards
Sabrina
--