Automatic trigger after a file is uploaded to FTP server

One Star

Automatic trigger after a file is uploaded to FTP server

Hi All,
I have a requirement like this.ie,Immediately after a data file is being uploaded to the ftp server , a process to automatically open the file and check whether this is the required csv file and try to import this into the db.
Please note that we should't consider a file in transmit (ie only when the file upload is completed the process should consider this as a file).Can I achieve this requirement with Talend ? Please advice.
Thanks,
Sreedevi.S
Community Manager

Re: Automatic trigger after a file is uploaded to FTP server

Hi
How do you decide the file is the required csv file or not? What is the basis?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the reply.I have posted the requirement.Not sure how to accomplish.I think i can check against the schema to decide whether its the needed csv .Please suggest a flow that is suitable for this requirement.
Thanks,
Sreedevi
Seven Stars

Hi sreedevi,
You can use tWaitForFile component to achieve this.
1) In order to identify whether its the required file, there are multiple ways
a) Mention ".csv" extension / naming convention of the file (e.g. *Invoice*.csv) in File Mask property
b) tSchemaComplianceCheck component can do at the load time (not the ideal solution)
2) In order to make sure file is successfully uploaded on FTP site before your job start processing the file - you need to check option in Advanced settings - "Wait for file to be released"
Please take a look at the screen shots attached for further details. Hope this helps.
One Star

Hi Nishad,
Thank you so much for the reply.I will try the same.
Sreedevi