One Star

Automatic population of tMap output schemas

Hi,
I'm evaluating Talend for a data migration project, and I'm trying to get a simple scenario going. I've got a source database table and a target database table, and I'm trying to map from one to the other. I have imported both tables into my repository as a schema. I have created a tMSSqlInput for one table and a tMSSqlOutput for the other tab, and a tMap. When I create the connection from the input to the tMap, it automatically populates the input schema on the left hand side of the mapping dialog. However, when I create an output connection from the tMap to the output, it doesn't import the output schema into the mapping dialog at all. Is there another way to do this automatically? Or do I have to manually create an output schema in the mapping dialog that matches the schema of the output component?
Cheers,
Mark
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Automatic population of tMap output schemas

Hi Mark
Is there another way to do this automatically? Or do I have to manually create an output schema in the mapping dialog that matches the schema of the output component?

Currently, the schema of the target compoent can be created automaticly when the schema of the source component have been created. Whereas, it's not available in reverse. So you have to create an output schema in the mapping dialog manually matches the schema of the output component.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong, your answer contradicts the documentation, which states:
"On the workspace, the creation of a Row connection from the tMap component to the output
components adds Output schema tables to the Mapper window.
You can also add an Output schema in your Mapper, using the plus sign from the tool bar of the
Output zone."
Is this misrepresented in the documentation? If so, I would consider this a high priority feature to add. I was extremely pleased with this tool until I came across this problem.
Community Manager

Hi Jason
Yes, you are right.
My mean is that when connecte to the output component, if the schema of input component have been created , the shema of output component will be created automatically without any actions by user.
Well, if there is no schema for input component and the schema of output component have been created, when connecte to the output component, the schema of input componet will not be created automatically. certainly, we can click the tool bar of the output zone to add the shema of input component as the same schema of output component automatically (see the screenshot) .
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business