Automatic population of tMap output schemas

Highlighted
One Star

Automatic population of tMap output schemas

Hello,

I'm evaluating Talend for a data migration project, and I'm trying to get a simple scenario going. I've got a source database table and a target database table, and I'm trying to map from one to the other. I have imported both tables into my repository as a schema. I have created a tMSSqlInput for one table and a tMSSqlOutput for the other tab, and a tMap. When I create the connection from the input to the tMap, it automatically populates the input schema on the left hand side of the mapping dialog. However, when I create an output connection from the tMap to the output, it doesn't import the output schema into the mapping dialog at all. Is there another way to do this automatically? Or do I have to manually create an output schema in the mapping dialog that matches the schema of the output component?

Thanks

iosman

Six Stars

Re: Automatic population of tMap output schemas

Hi iosman,

In a tMap there is an "Auto map !" trigger (top right), 

I've never used it but you can try to watch how it works and see if it answers your problem.

Introduction link to this function :

https://help.talend.com/reader/j9ioZ2cYu~SxLB19WdohFQ/l4Ltm4eDUMk5q0kGnBTgdw 

Warms regards

Eight Stars

Hi @iosman1234 ,

In case you want all your Input Schema into Output Schema, you can select all Input Columns and Drag them to the OutputLink or Output Table for tMap.

In case you need specific columns in output or Column names are not same between input and output, you need to Map manually.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhadip

One Star

Hii

Iosman.

We have a case when tables in the source in MySQL have a different column set and names than in the destination MySQL.
We use tMap to map those columns. The column names on the source are populated nicely from the source, but columns on the destination not and we need to add them manually.
Since there are tons of tables and columns to be mapped it can become a nightmare mannual work.

Is there is the way to populate column names on the destination in tMap?

regards ... GHD SPORTS & GHD SPORTS LIVE

Thankyou... 

https://www.ghdsports.net/
Four Stars

@iosman1234 wrote:

Hello,

I'm evaluating Talend for a data migration project, and I'm trying to get a simple scenario going. I've got a source database table and a target database table, and I'm trying to map from one to the other. I have imported both tables into my repository as a schema. I have created a tMSSqlInput for one table and a tMSSqlOutput for the other tab, and a tMap. When I create the connection from the input to the tMap, it automatically populates the input schema on the left hand side of the mapping dialog. However, when I create an output connection from the tMap to the output, it doesn't import the output schema into the mapping dialog at all. Is there another way to do this automatically? Or do I have to manually create an output schema in the mapping dialog that matches the schema of the output component?

Thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Self-service Talend Migration: Moving from On-Premises to the Cloud

Move from On-Premises to the Cloud by following the advice of experts

Read Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration