Six Stars

Auto align/arrange Design Canvas

Hi,

This might be a silly question, but I'm looking for a way to Auto arrange/align the components on the design canvas as I can't seem to find it. We're generating jobs using jobscripts, and after generation all the components end up stacked in the same place.

If there's a possibility to do this, can it also be automated on job generation?

Thanks in advance for the input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: Auto align/arrange Design Canvas

I don't believe that there is anything to do this, but then I tend to be a bit OCD about component layout so wouldn't use it if there was. If you do find something, it would be interesting to see how it works.

However, you can mitigate for this in your jobscript generation. If you have got as far as generating jobscripts, it wouldn't be too much extra work to implement some logic on component position. Below is a section which describes the size and position of a component. The size and position elements use the same units. You should be able to produce something which, at the very least, evenly spaces the components with that information. 

setComponentDefinition {
		TYPE: "tSortRow",
		NAME: "tSortRow_1",
		POSITION: 256, 1440,
		SIZE: 32, 32,
		OFFSETLABEL: 0, 0
	}
Rilhia Solutions
2 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

I don't believe that there is anything to do this, but then I tend to be a bit OCD about component layout so wouldn't use it if there was. If you do find something, it would be interesting to see how it works.

However, you can mitigate for this in your jobscript generation. If you have got as far as generating jobscripts, it wouldn't be too much extra work to implement some logic on component position. Below is a section which describes the size and position of a component. The size and position elements use the same units. You should be able to produce something which, at the very least, evenly spaces the components with that information. 

setComponentDefinition {
		TYPE: "tSortRow",
		NAME: "tSortRow_1",
		POSITION: 256, 1440,
		SIZE: 32, 32,
		OFFSETLABEL: 0, 0
	}
Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

Hi Rilhia,

I was afraid this would be the answer. No worries, just a couple of extra loops in the generation then Smiley Wink

Thanks for the input!