One Star

Auto-Synchronization of rows in tMap

Hi,
I was creating an ETL job where I first added a single filter between data source and tFilterRow_1. I added the Filter connection to tMap next to it. Thus now the input in tMap had name 'row2'. Now the expression for output connection in tMap became row2.Column0, row2.Column1,... and so on.
Now I added another tFilterRow, that is, tFilterRow_2. I now redirected the output connection row2 from tFilterRow_1 to tFilterRow_2. Then I created another output connection by name 'row3' which went to the tMap.
Now in the tMap's mapping editor, expression still remained row2.Column0, row2.Column1,... and so on. I had to manually change row2.column0 to row3.column0 and similarly for other fields.
This kind of manual work is fine with 5 to 10 fields. But if I am dealing with data having 50 or something big like columns, then is there any way where I can synchronize the row names automatically? Something like Auto_Map option?
Any suggestion and help is appreciated.... Thanks in Advance.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
5 REPLIES

Re: Auto-Synchronization of rows in tMap

Hi,
Did you choose Mapping links display as Auto in tMap? Your current job design screenshot will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Did you choose Mapping links display as Auto in tMap? Your current job design screenshot will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina

This is not what I am asking for .......
I want to know if I can change the expression in tMap from one row to another without having to change the names in existing mapping......

Hi,
Could you elaborate your case with an example (screenshot). Context/ Variable value in tMap expression?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Look, I have made this job something like this in image....

No I have added 3 tFilterRow. If you see at end of tFilterRow_4, then filter output goes as row5(Filter) totMap.
Now this is how mapping looks like in editor,

Now suppose, I add another tFilterRow in job after tFilterRow_4, then its output will be row6 by default. If I connect this row6(Filter) to tMap, then in mapping editor on right side, the expression will continue to remain as row5.Column0, row1.Column1, and so on.
I want to know if there is any possible way to make tMap detect that it should automatically change to row6 expression.
(P.S. I am too lazy to change it manually).

Hi,
The tMap should detect the row name info and show row6 expression if you connect this row6(Filter) to tMap.
Is it not working for you? Feel free correct me if I missed something.
Best regards
Sabrina
--