Authenticate Xero API call using oAuth 1.0

Four Stars

Authenticate Xero API call using oAuth 1.0

Hey All,

I am currently struggling on how to connect the the Xero Accounting API via talend, There is no option for oAuth 1.0 in the tRESTClient and am currently stuck to on how I should do this...

Any ideas?

Re: Authenticate Xero API call using oAuth 1.0

Hello,

We have OAuth 1.0 client utilities in CXF so one option is to use either tREST or tRESTClient with tJava sitting in from of tREST and preparing an OAuth 1.0 signature . tREST would simply pass along HTTP Authorization headers with all OAuth 1.0 parameters listed. 

Here is a related topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-OAuth-1-0a-with-tRESTClient-tRESTRes...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I have never used camel components... Is there a guide on how to? or an example of how to configure an oAuth1.0 using one?

Four Stars

From what I am aware from searching online I will require Talend ESB to use CXF/Camel components... I am using Talend DI is there any way to do oAuth1.0a using Talend DI?

Hello,

The tRest and tRestClient components are available in data integration product.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes... I am aware. This is where the issue is happening, I cannot figure out how to generate a valid oAuth1.0a signature using Talend components. I have even tried writing a routine that does this with no help. 

oAuth1.0a is a pretty old method of obtaining application access but there is no content available on how to get this working in Talend.

For example for Public applications you will require a 3-legged oAuth approach - this requires generating a new token every 30 minutes.

Private application is 2-legged oAuth - This will avoid regenerating a token every 30 minutes but will need to create a valid oAuth1.0 Authorization header to do this..

I was just hoping there would be a component or some sort of repository on how to get this working in Talend.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog