As400 Connection

One Star

As400 Connection

Hi
I am new to Talend.
I have created a job that has an AS400 connection and this works fine. When I try to create an As/400 connection (in Metadata, so that I can reuse it) I keep getting a Java timeout error. Same As/400, database and login details.
What am I doing wrong.
I am creating the connection in Metadata so I an used As/400 CDC.
Thanks
Len

Re: As400 Connection

Hi Len,
The As 400 server is on the different machine? Could you please show us more details about "Java timeout error"?
On which official version did you get that?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina
I am using Talend Open Studio 5.6 installed on my Windows PC. My AS/400 is running V6R1M0.   The user profile I connect with has full authority to the iseries.
The Java error I get is
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the connection. (Connect timed out)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1054)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:311)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2335)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the connection. (Connect timed out)
      at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:528)
      at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnection.setProperties(AS400JDBCConnection.java:3130)
      at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.prepareConnection(AS400JDBCDriver.java:1360)
      at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.initializeConnection(AS400JDBCDriver.java:1211)
      at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver.connect(AS400JDBCDriver.java:352)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:155)
      ... 9 more
I only get this when trying to create a connection in the metadata. If I use the tAS400Connection component in a job I successfully connect to my AS/400.

Thanks 
Len
One Star

Hi
anybody any ideas please.
Thanks
Len