One Star

Append on tFileOutputDelimited

In my job, I need to write datas in one excel file.
But when I try this issues I don't get all the datas in the excel file (2269 lines).

I have tried to write the datas in two files. The first one get 2276 lines, the second one get 747 lines.
What append?
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Append on tFileOutputDelimited

tFileOutputExcel has a check box for "Append the exist file" - are you using that?
One Star

Hi,
if "Append the exist file" does not work for you, please give us some more information on your job. Getting another number of lines if you write in one file than writing in two files sounds strange.
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hi,
if I use tFileOutput Exel,
In the tFileOutputExcel_2 I use 'Include Header" and in the tFileOutputExcel_3 I use 'Append the exist file' and 'Append the exist sheet'.
I have the error:
Exception in component tFileOutputExcel_2
jxl.read.biff.BiffException: The input file was not found
Because of the error I reverse the options.
In the tFileOutputExcel_3 I use 'Include Header" and in the tFileOutputExcel_2 I use 'Append the exist file' and 'Append the exist sheet'.
I only get the datas of the tFileOutput Excel3. I don't get the datas of the tFileOutputExcel_2.
Why? Is the tFileOutputExcel_2 delete by the tFileOutputExcel_3?

if I use tFileOutputDelimited, The result is not good, like describe in my post above, I don't get all the datas and there is no rules why one data is coming inthe file and one other not.
I use 'Include header' for the tFileOutputDelimited_2 and 'Append' for the tFileOutputDelimited_3
One Star

Hi,
can you give us some screen shots of your job?
I don't use tFileOutputExcel often. But I'm sure tFileOutputDelimited should work correctly.
Bye
Volker