Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 distribution - Client verion mismatch

Ten Stars

Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 distribution - Client verion mismatch

Hi

Im running a Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 distribution remotely.

Can't connect with error: Server IPC version 9 cannot communicate with client version 4
My hadoop is running a newer version compare to talend component.

1 - Possible to fix this by replacing jar files, if yes which jar files and where?
2 - Or possible to fix by setting custom properties in tHDFSConnection component, what about jar files?

3 - Or what config change on remote hadoop cluster, core-site.xml or ... ?

Regards

Jesper 

Windows 64bit.

TOS BigData : TOS_BD-20180116_1512-V6.5.1

Java : jdk1.8.0_161 + jre1.8.151

Accepted Solutions
Ten Stars

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.7.5 distribution - Client verion mismatch

Hi

Thanks, I've already found this documentation. But again I gave it another try, now instead of using Apache as starting point used Hortonworks.

- Windows desktop with Talend Big Data.
 - Ubuntu server with hadoop 2.7.5 : Basic apache installation pseudo cluster setup and webhdfs enabled

tHDFSConnection: Custom configuration, based on Hortonworks 2.6.0

From my server I downloaded : /usr/local/bin/hadoop/share/hadoop/tools   all jar files.... (linux to windows 64bit)
I tried the Hortonworks 2.6.0 ... replaced three jar files: hadoop-*.jar (the other versions of jar files are similar to the ones of the apache hadoop distro in /tools/lib  )

"hdfs://192.168.1.123:9000/"

Tried to connect: 

- It was mentioning : can't locate : winutils.exe download from hortonworks winutils.exe , downloaded and placed in C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe

[ERROR]: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell - Failed to locate the winutils binary in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.

Hadoop documentation on winutils: Hadoop documentation winutils.exe

- On windows set environment variable to HADOOP_HOME = C:\hadoop     

- Connected... yessuccess!

The anoying part is... hortonworks distro is working, but not something we prefer, there should be a proper configuration for apache distro's instead of this 1.0.0.
despite the lack of this apache configuration it works and fine by me...  

@xdshi : A couple of questions:
 - Why the need of winutils.exe? It just mimics unix stuff on a windows os assuming hadoop is installed on windows.... but Im connecting to a linux remote server ... is it a build-in ssh client or something?
- Is there an alternative way to connect to linux by only using java on a windows talend client, (I've used tRESTClient, cant PUT (upload) files posted: tRESTClient PUT upload file  )

Help is appreciated Smiley Happy

All Replies

Hello,

In Talend Studio, if there is no support for the Hadoop distribution you want to use, this support may be available via an update.

TalendHelpCenter:Updating support for the most recent Hadoop distributions

Are you trying to connect to a custom Hadoop distribution?

Here is online document about:

TalendHelpCenter:Connecting to a custom Hadoop distribution

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Ten Stars

Hi

Thanks, I've already found this documentation. But again I gave it another try, now instead of using Apache as starting point used Hortonworks.

- Windows desktop with Talend Big Data.
 - Ubuntu server with hadoop 2.7.5 : Basic apache installation pseudo cluster setup and webhdfs enabled

tHDFSConnection: Custom configuration, based on Hortonworks 2.6.0

From my server I downloaded : /usr/local/bin/hadoop/share/hadoop/tools   all jar files.... (linux to windows 64bit)
I tried the Hortonworks 2.6.0 ... replaced three jar files: hadoop-*.jar (the other versions of jar files are similar to the ones of the apache hadoop distro in /tools/lib  )

"hdfs://192.168.1.123:9000/"

Tried to connect: 

- It was mentioning : can't locate : winutils.exe download from hortonworks winutils.exe , downloaded and placed in C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe

[ERROR]: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell - Failed to locate the winutils binary in the hadoop binary path
java.io.IOException: Could not locate executable null\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries.

Hadoop documentation on winutils: Hadoop documentation winutils.exe

- On windows set environment variable to HADOOP_HOME = C:\hadoop     

- Connected... yessuccess!

The anoying part is... hortonworks distro is working, but not something we prefer, there should be a proper configuration for apache distro's instead of this 1.0.0.
despite the lack of this apache configuration it works and fine by me...  

@xdshi : A couple of questions:
 - Why the need of winutils.exe? It just mimics unix stuff on a windows os assuming hadoop is installed on windows.... but Im connecting to a linux remote server ... is it a build-in ssh client or something?
- Is there an alternative way to connect to linux by only using java on a windows talend client, (I've used tRESTClient, cant PUT (upload) files posted: tRESTClient PUT upload file  )

Help is appreciated Smiley Happy

Hello,

This issue is referenced at the following link : TalendHelpCenter:The missing winutils.exe program in the Big Data Jobs

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Ten Stars

@xdshi

I found this... but it doesn;'t make sense to me. This isn't a solution.

In my case: 

- Talend Develop ETL on windows, export jobs, schedule on linux (prod)... I use context vars to cover promotion.

Talend hdfs component should not determine on it's own if it is a hadoop on windows based on talend/os ... it should be a component checkbox (use winutils and overwrite hadoop_home or something).

So its a design/configuration issue. Is there a way to address this, it's not a bug, but its much bigger!

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now