Another solution to solve this problem ?

Five Stars

Another solution to solve this problem ?

Hi The Community !

I've a job which purpose is to extract data from a database and to generate a file with these datas.

And as an extra, first and last lines must contain  the numbers of extracted rows.

I've done a job which works well (see below) but is there another best solution to do this ?

2018-03-29 18_21_36-Talend Open Studio for Data Integration (6.5.1.20180116_1512) _ COIFFIDIS (Conne.png

Thanks !

JCP

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Another solution to solve this problem ?

Hi,

As you can't get the number of records before the select result, your solution is ok.

Maybe for the last line you should use a tFileRowCount (-1) to get the real nmber of lines in the output file (1rst line = expected number of records - last line = effective number of records).

Edit: I replaced "you get" by "you can't get" - of course!

TRF

All Replies
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Another solution to solve this problem ?

Hi,

As you can't get the number of records before the select result, your solution is ok.

Maybe for the last line you should use a tFileRowCount (-1) to get the real nmber of lines in the output file (1rst line = expected number of records - last line = effective number of records).

Edit: I replaced "you get" by "you can't get" - of course!

TRF

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.