An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.

Five Stars

An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.

I am trying to do a join of a csv and a SQL table. I have both sources inputing into a tMap. I want to join the csv with the SQL table based on a text column in the SQL table. Normally this column is unique, but even if it does not happen to be unique, I only need the first row returned. However I keep getting the error mentioned in the subject. What am I doing wrong?
Sixteen Stars TRF
Sixteen Stars

Re: An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.

This is an error on SQL Server side.
Review the syntax for the query.

TRF
Five Stars

Re: An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.

Thanks that was the issue. When adding the TMSSqlInput auto generated the SQL query with database context variables concatenated in the query. I removed all the context variables and had a single SQL query string and that worked.

This is the query that gets auto generated (which was causing the issue). What is the proper way to concatenate the query with the context variables. Btw the context variable context.netZcore_Schema is defined.

"SELECT \""+context.netZcore_Schema+"\".Plans.CODE,
\""+context.netZcore_Schema+"\".Plans.DSCR"
+"
FROM \""+context.netZcore_Schema+"\".Plans"

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog