Additional JDBC parameters in Built-in/Repository Propery Type

One Star

Additional JDBC parameters in Built-in/Repository Propery Type

Hi!
I use "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8" configuration in "Additional JDBC parameters" (tMysqlOutput). And it works only If I use Property Type "Built-in". But I want use Property Type "Repository" and if I wtite "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8" in context, it doesn't work, and I see ?????? in my DB
Should I use some special configurations?

Re: Additional JDBC parameters in Built-in/Repository Propery Type

Hi katya,

Could you please show us your component setting screenshot of tMySqlOutput?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
One Star

When I chose Property Type "Built-in", Advanced settings looks like on pic.

But if I want to use "Repository", in "Additional JDBC parameters" - context.stageDB_AdditionalParams, and my context settings are with params from next pic. And this way doesn't work

Hi,
Is it working when you use Property Type "Repository" and  write "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8" configuration directly  in "Additional JDBC parameters" without using context.stageDB_AdditionalParams?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

If I use Property Type "Repository", I can't change "Additional JDBC parameters", cause Talent uses context.stageDB_AdditionalParams. I wrote in context.stageDB_AdditionalParams my settings, but it doesn't work. Only with Property Type "Built-in".
One Star

Hi,
I have a similar issue trying to set Additional JDBC params in tInformixConnection component. I have defined a context param, but the connection doesn´t take it into account. However, it´s ok if I put the value directly on the basic settings tab of the component. What´s the reason? it´s the only problematic setting 

Thanks in advance
One Star

I have found the reason of this behaviour. The way to declare the context param in the external file was incorrect. I was putting
bbdd_origen1_inf_params=DB_LOCALE\=es_ES.57391 instead of 

bbdd_origen1_inf_params=DB_LOCALE=es_ES.57391

Thanks

Hi lgtleon,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--