Add maven dependency

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Add maven dependency

Hello,

Is there already a working method to use external libraries? tLibraryLoad and routine dependencies are definitely tip-top solutions which cannot be applied in real word scenario. How do you manage (sub) dependencies? Have tried to edit Project Properties > Maven > Default > Project, in vain Cat Sad

I can't believe such an issue is neglected.

Community Manager

Re: Add maven dependency

Can you elaborate on your exact problem? I've been using Talend for a number of years, have not experienced issues making use of the supplied functionality and I have used a lot of third party Jars. Of course, I am fully open to the possibility that I have not come across the issue you are experiencing, but maybe I can give you some advice?

Seven Stars

Thank you @rhall_2_0  for coming to this thread.

My problem is the inability to manage module dependencies. There is a frequent situation when you need to include external tools, most of the times this involves a lot of sub-dependencies (jars). For instance, how would you use https://jersey.github.io/ in your both routines and jobs? Simply adding 

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.core</groupId>
    <artifactId>jersey-client</artifactId>
    <version>2.25.1</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.media</groupId>
    <artifactId>jersey-media-json-jackson</artifactId>
    <version>2.25.1</version>
</dependency>

in project properties dos not suffice. The jars from maven repository are not being automatically included.

Community Manager

HI Navds,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I see your issue. Providing dependencies like this would be a nice feature. I will investigate to see if this has been raised previously. In the meantime, a method that helps with this can be seen below. It is not as elegant as the method you are looking for, but does work.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/How-to-include-multiple-runtime-JAR-files-wit...

Seven Stars

Hi @rhall_2_0 ,

Thank you for your suggestion but as I have already mentioned in the post, I don't find adding jars manually to be an applicable solution. Turns out there is a Jira ticket for this dated back to 2017 here but I am not sure I understand the current status of this issue.

Meanwhile, waiting for the magic to happen Smiley Happy

Regards,

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.