Add integer to a body message

One Star

Add integer to a body message

Hi,
i'm using tSendMail and i would like to send the variable :
((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE")) in the message body.
i got an error when i try to add it.
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Object&Serializable&Comparable<?> to String
how can i convert it to string?
Thanks
Shahar

Re: Add integer to a body message

Hi,
The ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE")) stands for the number of your files and it must return to "Integer".
If you want to send your files in Local Disk, I think you should choose the ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
i'm trying to get the number of files loaded.
is there another way to do it?
thanks
Shahar

Hi,
You can use ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE")) in component tFixedFlowInput.
See my screenshots for details
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

String.valueOf((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))

Hi,
String.valueOf((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))

I'm afraid to say it is not a good option. ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE")) is used to get the number of files loaded, and the result is Integer, (such as, 1,2). If you convert it to "String", I wonder what is the sense of this Global variables?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Did you read the shahark's post? He/she wants to put the number of files in an email message body as info, so the value has to be converted to a string as the message body is a string.

Hi kelebek,
You are right, I made a misunderstanding about that. If the e-mail message body include the number of files loaded, String.valueOf((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE")) is necessary. My suggestion in #4 only let user see the number of files loaded in studio. Thanks for your correction and precise help.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Community Manager

or you can set the expression of body as:
""+((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))
or
"The total number of processed files is: "+((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Hi

How can send mail if files are not there using tFilelist havig xlsx files.

If files are present i need to run my job.

I am using ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))>0 (if files present it has to run job)

((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))==0 (send mail if files are not present 

Thirteen Stars

@Lakshmi2411,check this should work.

((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_NB_FILE"))<0

Manohar B